Friday, July 8, 2011
Summer Soup - RECIPE
2 large Potatoes, chopped
2 medium Onions, chopped
3 medium Carrots, chopped
2 slices Bacon, fried and chopped
1 can Chicken broth
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp. Paprika
1 quart Skim Milk
- Place the chopped vegetables into a pan and cover with water.
- Bring to a Boil and add the Salt, Pepper, Bacon and other spices.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Place the mixture into a blender and Puree.
- Add the Chicken Stock and blend together well with a spoon, while seasoning to taste.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge.
- When ready to serve add ½ cup of skimmed milk per serving, blending by hand (use a whisk).
- Top each serving with a Lemon Slice and serve.