It can also be used as a colorful addition to cold salads and other dishes, with a surprisingly interesting flavor.
- Remove the top and bottom of the Pineapple then remove the outer Peel.
- Slice the Pineapple into 1/4-inch slices and remove the cores from the slices.
- Cut the slices into quarters (or smaller shapes and sizes as desired).
- In a large pot, combine the Pineapple, Sugar, Water, Salt and Vinegar.
- Combine the Cinnamon and Cloves and tie inside a piece of cheesecloth and add to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over a medium heat for 10-minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and using a ladle, place the Pineapple into three HOT Pint canning jars.
- Cover the Pineapple in the jars with the syrup up to within ¼-inch of the top of the jars.
- Clean the jar rims and add the tops, hand tight, and place into a pot and pour warm water around the jars up to within 1-inch of the tops.
- Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling for 20-minutes.
- Carefully remove the jars from the water, and seal the tops while hot.
- Store in a dry cool place until needed.
by Don Bobbitt, 2015