|A ShoeBox Recipe|
Monday, September 26, 2011
SEVEN-UP POUND CAKE - Recipe
This old ShoeBox Recipe is an oldie from the past.
I remember it being popular in the Sixties and Seventies.
It uses part of a Seven-Up Soft drink as an ingredient, but any carbonated Lemon/Lime flavored soft drink will do in the recipe.
It is easy to make and tastes great.
3 cups Sugar
1/2 lb. Butter
1/2 cup Crisco
5 large Eggs, mixed
3 cups Flour, plain
1 tbs. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
1 tsp. Lemon flavoring
3/4 cup Seven-Up Soda
1. Cream the Butter, Crisco and Sugar together for two minutes.
2. Add the Eggs, Flour, Baking Powder and flavorings to the mixture one at a time while stirring constantly, until well blended.
3. Fold in the Seven-Up.
4. Pour the mixture into a well-buttered cake pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 1-1/4 hours, or until done (using toothpick method)
6. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.
NOTE: Toothpick method= Stick a toothpick into the center of the cake and if there is cake mix stuck to the toothpick, then the Cake is not done.