Wednesday, September 21, 2011
PECAN NUT Cake Glaze
PECAN Nut Cake Glaze
This Shoebox recipe is for a simple glaze for sheet cakes, incorporating Pecans for their great flavor.
1/4 cup Butter, room temperature
¾ cup Brown Sugar
4 tbs. Orange Juice
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
1. Combine the Butter, Brown Sugar and Orange Juice together in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Cook over medium heat for about 4-minutes, while stirring constantly.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped pecans.
4. Spread the topping over your favorite cake, such as our Orange Sheet Cake.
5. Place the glazed cake under the broiler for about 1-minute (or a golden brown) then remove and allow to cool before serving.