Wednesday, September 21, 2011
ORANGE Sheet Cake
This recipe is pretty simple and is another of my Shoebox Recipes.
Looking it over, I only say that it looks good, and I honestly cannot remember eating it. I am sure I did, if for no other reason, just because we kept a hand-written copy of the recipe, that someone else wrote down, not my wife or I. we only do this when we have asked for a copy because we really liked the dish.
This recipe makes 12 servings and after reviewing the ingredients and directions, it should be really easy to make.
1 cup Quick Oats.
1-1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
1.2 cup Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Orange Juice that has been reduced to 1/2 cup
1. Combine the Boiling Water and the Oats in a Bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Salt together and set aside.
3. Combine the Butter and the Sugars and mix together well.
4. Beat the Eggs into the Butter mixture, one at a time, and then the Orange Juice and Vanilla. Beat together until creamy.
5. Add the Flour and Oats alternately until all is well blended.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased pan and place into a pre-heated 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or it passes the toothpick test.
NOTE: This cake goes well with numerous toppings, including the Pecan Nut Cake Glaze
NOTE: To dramatically reduce the Calorie and Sugar content of this recipe, try making this cake and substituting artificial sweetener products made for baking, such as Splenda.