Monday, August 29, 2011
OMELET with MUFFIN - RECIPE
Breakfast, as everyone knows is the most important meal of the day for many of us.
But, when you are trying to control your weight, you need to balance that fact with the knowledge that you need to keep certain levels of your breakfast, like Calorie, Fat, Carb, Salt, Sugar and Fiber content within certain bounds.
2 large Eggs, scrambled
2 oz. Canadian Bacon, sliced
2 tbs. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 tbs. Onion, White, chopped
1/2 English Muffin, Low calorie, Low Fat
1 pinch Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1. Break the eggs and scramble together in a bowl and then pour into a small lightly greased sauté pan.
2. When the eggs are about half cooked, place the Onion, Cheese, Salt and Pepper evenly over one half of the cooking Omelet.
3. Fold the empty half of the Egg over to cover the other half of the Omelet.
4. Cook the omelet until the bottom is done and then flip and cook the other half for one or two minutes.
5. Remove the Omelet from the heat, and place onto a plate, then spread the tomato pieces over the Omelet.
6. Toast the one half of an English Muffin and lightly spray the top with a non-fattening Butter flavored spray.
7. Serve Hot.
Total Fat- 17.2g
Sat. Fat- 7.1 g