Saturday, August 20, 2011
ZUCCHINI RELISH - Recipe
So you have a bumper crop of Zucchini Squash this year? Or your friends had a bumper crop. Or they are just so darned cheap right now.
You might enjoy making this tasty Zucchini Relish. It is relatively easy to make and it will be a great treat when you use it as a condiment later.
10 cups Zucchini, chopped
4 cups Sweet Onion, chopped
4 medium Green Peppers, chopped
2 medium Hot Peppers, chopped
5 tbs. Salt
2 jars Pimentos, small
4 cups Sugar
3 cups Vinegar
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Celery Seed
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Turmeric
1. Using your blender, combine the Zucchini, Onion and Hot Peppers, and rough grind (or finely chop with a knife).
2. Remove the mixture and place into a container with the Salt, and set aside.
3. Place the Green Peppers and Pimentos into the Blender and rough grind together (or finely chop with a knife).
4. Mix the Sugar, Vinegar, Pepper, Nutmeg, Celery Seed and Turmeric together and then place into a Pot.
5. Add the other mixed ingredients and bring to a Boil for 25-30 minutes.
6. Place the Relish into sterilized Jars and seal the jars.
7. Store in a Cool, Dry place.