- Soak the Dried Beans in warm water overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Cook the Beef, Peppers, Onions and Garlic together until the Beef is done.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the Coffee and blend together.
- Drain the Beans and add them to the mixture, as well as 1-cup of water, into a Crock Pot or large Kettle.
- Simmer the mixture all day (4-6 hours), stirring occasionally, and adding water as necessary.
Add Honey or Sugar to sweeten, if desired, and add other hot spices if desired while cooking.
If tailgating, serve the beans in paper Coffee cups and hand out plastic spoons to cut down on the cleanup afterwards.
Selection is from the Book OLD RECIPES by Donald Bobbitt